When you book a journey with Diamond Cars you agree to use the Diamond Cars website and mobile application(s) to book and then pay the full cost of your journey to Diamond Cars or our Partners (drivers). Your use of the Diamond Cars mobile application(s), and/or website indicates that you agree to the Terms and Conditions below.
Diamond First Class Limited trading as Diamond Cars is a licensed private hire operator. Private Hire Licence number: 008833.
- The quotes that are are an estimate for the journey as booked. Any extras that occur during the journey will be added to the cost of the original journey quote.
- On completion of a journey, you authorise Diamond First Class limited to bill you for the entire and actual cost of the completed journey.
- For all Prepaid Account/Credit Card journeys you agree to use the Diamond Cars mobile or web payment system. Diamond First Class Limited will bill you the amount agreed at booking plus any additional costs (including Vias, Waiting Time, Parking etc.), unless you cancel the booking in advance. All monies, except the commission paid to Diamond First Class Limited the Partner (driver), will be paid directly to the driver who completed the journey.
- For all cash bookings you agree to pay the amount agreed on booking your journey, plus any additional costs (including Vias, Waiting Time, Parking etc.), directly to the driver completing your journey, unless you cancel the booking in advance within the times shown below.
- Bookings must be cancelled within the following times in order to avoid the cancellation charge (see cancellation policy for charges for further terms and conditions):
- 15 minutes before required time of arrival (RTA) for standard journeys (excluding Airport Pick Ups).
- 60 minutes before RTA for journeys picking up from an Airport.
- If you book with a lead time that is less than the cancellation window but do not take the ride, Diamond First Class Limited reserves the right to charge you, and you agree to pay the cancellation charge (see cancellation policy below for charges). All cancellation charges will be paid directly to the driver that was allocated to your journey.
- The quality of the vehicles and drivers is the responsibility of the driver who completes your journey.
- Diamond Cars reserves the right to replace the fleet selected by the customer for a booking with an alternative fleet if the original fleets cannot fulfil the booking. The price for the customer will remain the same in all cases.
Definitions and interpretation
- “we”, “us”, “our” and “Company” refers to Diamond First Class Limited and Diamond Cars
- “you” or “your” refers to the customer using/booking a journey through our mobile applications or through the Internet.
- “Driver” refers to the licensed private hire/hackney carriage driver that carry out your journey.
- “Vehicle” refers the licensed vehicle used by the driver carrying out your journey.
- “Software” refers to the Mobile and Web applications owned by Diamond First Class Limited and used by you to book your journeys.
- “Extras” refer to any additional charges that may be applied to the original journey after allocation to the driver. This can include the following: Waiting Time, Car Parking, Stops, Vias and journey deviations from original booking, etc.
- “ASAP” refers to As Soon As Possible.
- “RTA” refers to ‘Requested Time of Arrival’ for advanced booked journeys and ‘Recommend Time of Arrival’ for ASAP bookings.
Limitations on Use of Software
All Exchange Software provided by the Company and used by you in order to make a booking remains at all times the property of the Company and is considered Confidential Information. You warrant that no copyrighted details of either the Mobile or Web applications will be passed on to Third Parties at any time.
You guarantee that you have authority to enter into this agreement and to use our software in accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement. You agree to be financially responsible for all of your use of our software as well as for the use of your name and payment method (e.g. corporate credit card, personal credit card, or other approved method) to pay for services and products purchased using our Software or Site by members of your household, including minors living with you, and if you have administrative roles with your employer for which you create bookings for colleagues, such colleagues. You also warrant that all information supplied by you or members of your company, organisation or household in using our Site or Software is true and accurate. You agree to indemnify us for any breaches of the foregoing warranties.
Terms of Service
Our Software is to be used to get estimates and then make bookings and payments for Private Hire and Hackney Carriage journeys. Once the booking is confirmed you will then be subject to the terms and conditions.
Once you have received a booking confirmation from Diamond First Class Limited:
- For all Prepaid Account/Credit Cars journeys you agree to use the Diamond First Class Limited mobile or web payment system. Diamond First Class Limited will bill the amount agreed to at the time of the original booking plus any additional costs (Vias Waiting Time, Parking etc.), unless you cancel the booking in advance. All monies will be paid directly to the driver that completed the journey.
- For all cash bookings you agree to pay the estimated price at the time of the original booking plus any additional costs (Vias Waiting Time, Parking etc.), directly to the driver completing your journey, unless you cancel the booking in advance.
In the unlikely event the driver you selected is unable to complete the booked journey, Diamond First Class Limited will endeavour to find an alternative driver to complete this journey. We will inform you of the change of driver using the app or contact information you have provided us with. You will only be liable to pay the amount you were originally quoted plus any extras that may have occurred during the journey.
From time to time Diamond Cars may offer customers promotional or customer service vouchers which can be used as credit against the cost of journeys. These will typically be valid for a set time (e.g. two weeks) and specific limits will be communicated as part of voucher distribution where possible. For the avoidance of doubt, Diamond Cars reserves the right to end the validity of any vouchers without prior notice, although such notice (period of validity and other terms) will always be given where possible. To use vouchers against journeys of greater value than the voucher balance a customer will be required to cover the difference.
Diamond Cars may offer promotional schemes including an “Refer a Friend” (“Get Free cabs”) feature from time to time. By downloading the app and using any “Refer a Friend” feature you are granting Diamond Cars permission to notify the contacts you select solely for the purpose of providing them with your unique Diamond Cars referral code. Diamond Cars will credit your Diamond Cars account %10 for every contact who signs up with your unique code and books a journey costing minimum fare or more. All vouchers earned by you as sponsor are valid for 12 weeks from issue. Vouchers cannot be converted to cash. As usual, if the total Diamond Cars credit available is less than the cost of the journey, then you will need to use a debit or credit card to top up your Diamond Cars account to cover the difference. Diamond Cars reserves the right to withdraw any “Refer a Friend” offer and/or cancel any earned vouchers at any time and without notice. Specifically, where self-referral or codes being distributed to public websites is detected, Diamond Cars reserves the right to cancel any vouchers, prevent an account being used for referral or block any account without reason or notification.
Extras are any additional charges that may occur once the journey has been booked. These may include the following:
- Waiting time – Time incurred after the vehicle arrives, after the RTA.
- Journey Waiting Time – Any additional time incurred during the journey as directed by you (e.g. driver kept waiting at additional pick-ups).
- Parking – Any car parking fees that may occur at the pick up or additional pick-ups.
- Extra Mileage – If destination of journey changes and extra miles occur.
- Vias – If any additional pick-ups/destinations/stops are added to the journey.
Any extras that have occurred on a cash booking will need to be paid directly to the driver. For extras on a journey which has been paid for with either a debit/credit card or pre-paid account the amount will be debited from the card or pre-paid account.
Should any extras be incurred on a journey an email confirmation and receipt will be sent to your registered email address giving details of all extras incurred on that journey.
Child seats booked via the platform will be booster seats for children of 3 and over. At least 3 hours’ notice must be given for journeys where a child seat is required. The law states that children are allowed to travel in a private hire vehicle without a child seat. Any child seat that is used must be fitted by the parent/guardian of the child and not by the driver of the vehicle. Therefore the parent/guardian of the child is fully responsible for the safety of the child when using the child seat.
Diamond Cars Support
- If you are having trouble locating your driver, please Diamond Cars directly. Contact Simply quote the Diamond Cars booking reference number for the individual journey or provide the journey time and your name.
- If you need to cancel a service, you can do this online, through your mobile device or by calling Diamond Cars directly. Cancellations will be subject to any applicable cancellation fees (see cancellation policy for charges).
- If you are having technical trouble with the Diamond Cars software, our technical support is available to assist you during its standard technical support hours by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price Displayed for Booking Comparisons
The price displayed to you when you make your booking for are fixed and not estimates, journey price excluding any extras. For all journeys where the pickup is an airport, the quoted price includes 30 minutes waiting time. You agree to pay any additional parking and waiting time.
Cancellations can be made either via our software or by calling the chosen fleet directly.
Cancellation charges will be applied as follows if the car is cancelled within the following times and if the car has already been allocated by controllers (N.B. the customer will be notified immediately at this time):
- £5.00 – For all advanced booked journeys (excluding journeys where the pick-up is from an airport) where the booking is cancelled within 5 minutes of the required time of arrival. If an advanced booking is cancelled less than 5 minutes before pick up and a car has not yet been allocated, no cancellation charge will be made.
- £5.00 – For all ASAP bookings (excluding journeys where the pick-up is from an airport). Where an ASAP booking is made and a car has not yet been allocated, no cancellation charge will be made.
- 100% or minimum of £20 – For all advanced booked journeys where the pick-up is from an airport and the booking is cancelled less the 60 minutes before the required time of arrival.
- 50%or minimum of £20 – For all ASAP bookings where the pick-up is from an airport.
If you make any other arrangements for your journey without Diamond Cars either via the software or directly over the phone, Diamond First Class Limited reserves the right to automatically charge you a cancellation fee.
Payment of Cancellation Fees
If a cash booking is cancelled leading to a cancellation fee the amount will be deducted from your on card on file (should you have one). If you do not have a card on file the amount will be logged as a negative balance on your account and you will not be able to make any further bookings through Diamond Cars until the negative balance has been settled.
If a booking is made using a credit or debit card and then cancelled, leading to a cancellation fee as defined above, Diamond First Class Limited will charge your credit card or your account the cancellation fee.
In the event of any situations arising that lead to a request for a customer refund, Diamond Cars will address these issues and liaise with the relevant driver in order to determine the customer’s entitlement and then update the customers by email and or phone. Diamond Cars can be contacted at email@example.com for any refund related issues.
Rating of Journeys
Any journey rating or comments that are deemed to be malicious or fictitious by Diamond Cars may be deleted and the customer may have their account suspended.
All communications with Diamond First Class Limited will be done electronically whenever you use the mobile applications or send emails to us. You agree to receive communications from Diamond Cars via email or notification within our mobile applications. All communications from Diamond First Class Limited will be regarding your journeys or promotions that relate to our service.
Username and password
You are responsible for any bookings made using your account. DIAMOND FIRST CLASS LIMITED TRADING AS DIAMOND CARS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS INCURRED ON YOUR ACCOUNT.
Where a Force Majeure Event gives rise to a failure or delay in Diamond First Class Limited or any driver’s performance, any obligations will be suspended for the duration of the Force Majeure Event.
You hereby agree and undertake fully and effectively to indemnify and keep indemnified Diamond First Class Limited from and against all damages, losses, claims, demands, expenses (including legal and professional expenses), costs and liabilities caused by the driver undertaking your journey.
If any part of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the rest of the terms and conditions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable part of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the terms and conditions will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intention of the parties, in which case the entirety of the relevant part of the terms and conditions will be deemed to be deleted).
Nothing in the terms and conditions will constitute a partnership, agency relationship or contract of employment between the parties.
The Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales; and the courts of England will have [non-]exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in connection with the Agreement.
All contents of the Diamond Cars Site, mobile applications, and Software are copyrighted © 2016 Diamond Cars, 2016 all rights reserved.
Diamond Cars designs, logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks in the U.K. and/or other countries of Diamond Cars
For Legal and Administrative Purposes (not for customer enquiries), Diamond First Class Limited address is 21 Stoke Newington Road, London N16 8BJ.
Diamond First Class Limited company number is 08907737
Diamond First Class Limited trading as Diamond Cars is a licensed private hire operator. Private Hire Licence number: 008833.